After completing my graduation as a computer science engineer, I have also started my professional career in this sector. I have always loved to discover...Read more
Apple products are some of the bests on the market, but they aren’t perfect. Sometimes things go wrong, and you might need to take advantage of the warranty on your device. However, some damages are not covered under warranty but does apple care plus cover water damage?
Apple Care plus is a warranty to give you peace of mind. It is a product that covers you in case of accidental damage, including water damage. You will just need to contact Apple Support, and they will be able to assist you with getting your device fixed.
Unfortunately, if you haven’t purchased AppleCare+, water damage to a device isn’t covered under the standard warranty. However, you can purchase an AppleCare+ plan if you are within 60 days of purchasing your device. You enjoy many advantages from getting apple plus products, and I have them discussed on this page.
- Applecare does not cover water damages on any of your Apple products
- Applecare plus is responsible for water damages covering, and you must get it within 60 days of getting your device
- Applecare plus give you rest of mind with a good warranty plan
- Applecare plus is different from AppleCare and it is expensive
- Does Apple Care Plus Cover Water Damage?
- What Are Some Pros And Cons Of The Applecare Protection Plan?
- How Can You Tell Apple Care Plus Water Damage?
- How Much Does It Cost For Apple To Repair The Water Damaged Macbook?
Does Apple Care Plus Cover Water Damage?
AppleCare is a great plan that can help you keep your Apple devices running smoothly and protect your investment. But here is the thing: the rumor that applecare cover liquid damage is not true. It is only Apple care plus that covers water damages for Apple products.
So, Apple Care plus is your first line of defense against liquid damage to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. If you have AppleCare+ and accidentally drop your phone in a puddle, spill a soft drink on it, or accidentally take it swimming with you, Apple Care plus has you covered.
If your device gets damaged by liquid or something else not included in the standard warranty, you can get it repaired for a small fee.
However, as an apple product user, you need to know that water damage is one of the most common reasons for a device to stop working. It can happen when you use your iPhone or iPad in the rain or accidentally spill liquid on it.
When this happens, you will have to act quickly. Even if your device looks dry, it may still be damaged by water. You will need to take your phone to an Apple authorized service provider or Apple retail store quickly so that you can get a quick fix if possible.
To benefit from the water damage coverage, you need to have an active subscription to the apple care plus product. The price range varies based on whatever gadget you are using. For example, the price range for the iPhone is quite different from the Mac, iPad, and every other Apple product.
Difference Between Applecare And Applecare Plus
Not all apple users get to know the difference between the two. They are not the same, and it is important that you know before getting your apple product.
- Applecare is the protection that you get with any hardware product you get. Also, there are 90 days of support for the device and one year warranty.
- Applecare plus offers a great extension of up to three years of support and a hardware warranty. Also, you get to pay a lower price for any repair.
How To Know If You Have Applecare?
Here is how you can get to know if your device has an AppleCare plan:
- Navigate to the menu bar on your Mac and click on the Apple logo
- Choose About this Mac
- From the dropdown, you should select service and then choose to check my service and support coverage.
- From the window that popup, you should select allow
- From the window that comes next, you should enter your serial number and click continue
- You should see your AppleCare plan this way
For Iphone And Ipad
- Go to settings on the devices
- Choose general from the settings
- Choose about – Here, you will see the serial number of your device
What Are Some Pros And Cons Of The Applecare Protection Plan?
Apple sells Applecare Protection Plans to extend the warranty of your Apple device. If you have any apple products, it is important to understand what you are getting into before purchasing Applecare Protection Plan.
As good as it is for all Apple users, you must know the protection plan has its pros and cons. You have here the pros and cons of the apple care protection plan.
Let us start with the pros of the protection plan. So, below are the pros of using the apple care protection plan.
Pros of The Applecare Protection Plan
- You can get technical support from Apple. It can be very helpful whenever you are trying to fix something on your Max or iPhone. The technicians at Apple will assist you with any problems, even if the plan does not cover them.
- The plan covers accidental damage, which is a huge benefit as it gives you peace of mind knowing that if anything happens while using your device, you will be able to get it fixed or replaced without paying out of pocket for repairs or replacements.
- You will receive one year of hardware repair coverage, which means that if something goes wrong with your device during the first year of ownership, it will be fixed or replaced at no cost to you.
- It will extend the warranty for your iPhone to two years. If something goes wrong with the hardware, it will be covered for two years after purchase.
- You get 24/7 phone support, so you can call anytime you need help with your iPhone.
- You also get email support, so you don’t have to wait until business hours to ask a question.
- There are no deductibles on any repairs/replacements done under this plan, which means there are no hidden fees or costs involved with getting help from Apple if something goes wrong with your device.
Here Are The Cons Of The Apple Care Protection Plan
The Repair Cost Is Cheaper Elsewhere
The plan can be expensive, and it means if you buy an iPhone and add the Applecare Protection Plan to it, you will pay $129.00. If you add it to a MacBook Pro or a Mac Mini, it’s $249.00.
If you buy an iPad and add the Applecare Protection Plan, it will cost $99.00. These prices are high compared to other plans offered by other companies that offer similar services. You have to buy the protection plan within 60 days of buying your device.
The Plan Can’t Be Transferred
You can’t transfer the coverage from one computer to another once purchased. So, if you get a new computer and don’t have time or energy to reinstall all your programs, then there is no way for the plan coverage to transfer over with the old machine unless you purchase another plan (which is kind of silly).
It Does Not Cover Everything
While Apple promises that the Applecare Protection Plan covers all normal wear and tear on its products, it doesn’t cover accidental damage or loss of your device if it was stolen or lost. You’ll need to buy another plan for that kind of coverage from a different company if those issues arise.
How Can You Tell Apple Care Plus Water Damage?
It is easy to tell if water damage has been done to your Apple device. You can do a visual inspection of the phone, but these are some things to look for that will tell you if water damage is present:
- The screen is blank. If the screen is blank, the device has likely experienced water damage.
- You see bubbles or other discoloration around the screen or keyboard. This can also indicate that your device has been exposed to moisture and may be experiencing water damage.
- You smell something unusual from your device, such as a burnt smell, which could indicate electrical problems due to water exposure.
- Your device won’t turn on and appears completely dead (even when connected to power). This could mean that liquid has damaged internal components and caused permanent damage to your device’s battery or motherboard.
What Can You Do If Your Apple Product Has Been In Contact With Water?
- First, don’t panic. The important thing you can do is stop using the device and dry it off as well as you can. If you have a case on it, take it off.
- After drying the device, let it sit for 24-48 hours to ensure that all of the moisture has evaporated.
- If the device still works, but you aren’t sure if the water caused any damage, bring it to your local Apple Store so they can check it out.
- If your device stops working after being exposed to water, or if you have any other questions about what you should do in this situation, you should visit any nearby apple store.
How Much Does It Cost For Apple To Repair The Water Damaged Macbook?
The cost of repairing a water-damaged MacBook depends on the extent of the damage. If you have a small amount of liquid damage, it will cost anywhere from $150 to $200 to repair.
If there is more serious damage, like corrosion or a swollen battery, the price can go up significantly. Expect to pay between $750 and $1,000 for repairs in these cases.
The first step in repairing your water-damaged Macbook is to determine whether or not the laptop is worth repairing. You can find out your options for repairing your MacBook through Apple Support.
The good news is that it usually won’t cost you much to get your laptop fixed at an authorized service center. But if your Macbook has been submerged in saltwater or some other corrosive liquid, it may not be worth repairing.
When it comes to warranty on Apple products, most users do not know the difference between AppleCare and AppleCare plus. For example, applecare does not cover any damages due to water but does apple care plus cover water damage?
Applecare plus offers advanced security compared to AppleCare, and it makes a good plan for all Apple users. The rule is that you need to get the plan within 60 days of getting your device.