Kathy is an influencer marketer. She’s very popular on social media for sharing different tips and tricks fixing tutorials for social media problems. By profession,...Read more
Sometimes people come up with inappropriate names on discord which looks pretty bad. And sometimes as an admin, you might need to set people’s nicknames in a way so that you don’t mix people up.
Whatever it is, since you are here that tells like a handful of other people, you also want to know how to change someone’s name on discord. Well, changing people’s nicknames in discord isn’t rocket science. As long as you have the permission, you can change the name from the discord server setting.
However, in this very guide, we will be showing how exactly you can change someone’s nickname on the discord server, along with the reasons why you can’t.
- How to Change Someone’s Name on Discord?
- Why Can’t I Change Someone’s Nickname on Discord?
- How to Change My Nickname on Discord Server?
- How to Change Nickname Using Slash Command?
- What is API Error Latency Discord?
- How to Fix API Error Latency Discord?
How to Change Someone’s Name on Discord?
The process of changing someone’s name on discord is the same on the phone and computer. Follow the mentioned steps to change anyone’s nickname on the discord server. But first, make sure you have the authority, otherwise, you won’t be able to do that.
1. Sign in to your discord account.
2. Then get into a discord server.
3. You’ll surely see the list of people on the same discord server on your right side of the screen.
4. Select one whose name you want to change.
5. If you are using a mobile, then long-press on the name and then you’ll get a set of options such as profile, mention, message, call, block, mute, change nickname, etc.
6. If you are doing it from a computer, then right-click on the person’s name, and then you’ll have all those options.
7. Click on change nickname, and add the name you want.
8. And that’s all, the name will be changed for that server.
Why Can’t I Change Someone’s Nickname on Discord?
Usually, nicknames in a discord server are easily changeable but there are a few reasons why one might not be able to change someone’s nickname on a discord server.
When the server admin turns off the nickname changing option, then no one in the discord server will be able to change the name apart from the admin.
Discord users have been complaining about having an option to stop anyone from changing the nickname for a while now, hopefully, discord authority will look into it soon.
How to Change My Nickname on Discord Server?
Changing your nickname on a discord server is the same as changing someone else’s.
- Open the Discord app on your computer and get into the server where you want to change the name.
- Check the server member list to find out your name.
- Right-click on the name and click on the “Edit server profile”
- At the top, you’ll see a box where you are supposed to put your new nickname.
- And then hit on “save changes”. Your nickname is changed!
How to Change Nickname Using Slash Command?
If you don’t want to go through the process shown above, then you might like this shortcut. You can change your nickname on the discord server by using the slash command. Slash command will work in both pc and mobiles.
Here’s how to do it…
- Navigate the server where you want to change your name.
- Then type /nick <Your desired nickname> on the server channel. And your nickname will be changed.
What is API Error Latency Discord?
I know exactly how frustrating it is when after a long day you open discord to connect and chill with your friends but all you see is a stuck screen having written API Error Latency Discord on it.
So what is it? Well, In order to cache the user information, discord needs to use several Redis nodes cluster. And these clusters make the discord run smoothly by providing a million queries in a second.
But unfortunately, these nodes malfunction sometimes. And when they do, the process gets stuck. When the discord process gets stuck, that shows API Error Latency Discord.
How to Fix API Error Latency Discord?
There are a few ways that can help you solve the problem. Let’s get down to them.
Proxy Address Setting
If you have any proxy address on your network setting, then remove that, otherwise, discord won’t work properly. Discord can’t bypass proxy addresses because these addresses don’t allow the app to connect to the remote server or client directly. So removing the proxy address will help the discord run smoothly.
If you don’t know how you can disable proxy addresses, check out the process below.
- First, open RUN by pressing Win and R keys together.
- On the box type “CPL” and then press enter.
- You’ll see a pop-up window, navigate to the “connections” and click on the LAN settings.
- Then click on automatically detect settings and then uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
- Press OK. And it’s done.
Using a suitable VPN
To connect users with the server, discord uses User Datagram Protocol. Discord can’t make secure connections via conventional VPNs, so if you need to use a VPN make sure to use one that supports UDP. Otherwise, you’ll API latency messages again and again.
Stable Internet Connection
Discord needs a stable internet connection to operate smoothly. So if you are having a loading or API issue, check your internet connection first. Check into the router to find out any interruptions there.
And if you are using public wifi, then you better move on. Because discord won’t work properly in public wifi since it isn’t stable.
Update the App
Sometimes updating the discord app is all it takes to solve the API error problem. Doesn’t matter where you are using the app, whether it is a phone or computer, you’ll be able to update the app from everywhere. And the app itself should let you know when there is an update available.
Knowing how to change someone’s name on discord is a simple thing, it is a matter of just a few clicks. However, if you didn’t know before, I bet, now you know. Hope it helps.