Kathy is an influencer marketer. She’s very popular on social media for sharing different tips and tricks fixing tutorials for social media problems. By profession,...Read more
Wattpad was created to bridge the chasm between the readers and writers and give novice writers a platform to showcase their skills on a universal level. It has grasped the attention and popularity of people of all ages.
However, there’s no good without bad. The same goes for Wattpad. It brought inconveniences along with the good stuff. One of them might be your reason to search how to delete Wattpad Account and leave Wattpad. To delete your Wattpad Account, you need to give this article a read.
- What Happens If You Delete Your Wattpad Account?
- How to Delete Wattpad Account – Step by Step Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Final Thoughts
What Happens If You Delete Your Wattpad Account?
Before choosing to delete your account, it’s better to look at the consequences you might face afterward.
The account will remain deactivated for the 1st few months, so you can log in and recover your account if you change your mind. After six months, Wattpad will erase all your data, and they will delete your account.
You might not get back your account for unavoidable reasons. Your comments and posts will remain on the website anonymously. Your profile won’t be visible to anyone on and off the internet.
The profile might appear in Google search for some time after deleting but won’t show any posts or pictures. And it’ll eventually disappear over time.
How to Delete Wattpad Account – Step by Step Guide
To delete your Wattpad Account, you need access to your account number. If you do not have access, such as you forgot the login password or lost the mail address linked to your profile, you will not be able to delete your account.
In this case, you must recover the password and log in to your account. Later on, you can follow the given process.
You must remember that deleting or closing an account feature is unavailable in the app’s mobile version. For this, you will need the web version.
- You can type “wattpad.com” in your preferred search engine and go to Wattpad’s official website.
- You can use a PC for this task or turn on the desktop mode in your phone’s search engine.
- Then log in to your account.
Now you should be able to see your homepage, and it should look something like this:
- Now click on your profile icon, which is on the top right corner of the screen.
- A menu bar like this should appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Settings” option to continue deleting your Wattpad Account.
- The settings option will open a new page for you.
- Slide down the page and see a “close account” option at the very end.
- When you click on the Close Account option, you’ll get exposed to the final page of deleting your Wattpad Account.
- On this page, you will have to choose a reason for leaving Wattpad.
- You can choose it from the options given or “others” as an option and then specify your reason in the comment box.
- Now confirm that you are sure to delete your account.
- The website will ask you to put your password to confirm the deletion.
- After putting your password correctly, click the “Close Account” option.
- Now, you have successfully deleted your Wattpad Account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How Long Does It Take for A Wattpad Account to Delete?
It only takes a few minutes to delete a Wattpad Account following the abovementioned process. After deleting your account, you can also crosscheck if your account has been closed. For this reason, you need to type “https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername”
Put your username in the underlined space and search for your profile. If the result says no account found, then your account has been closed.
Can You Recover Your Wattpad Account After Deleting?
Yes, you can recover your Wattpad Account after deleting it as long as your username isn’t taken over by someone else.
The concept might be bewildering to you. But it’s very simple. Wattpad Account requires a unique username for every user. You chose a unique username for yourself while creating your Wattpad Account. When you delete your account, you give up your username.
So, if someone else opens an account using the same username while your account is deactivated, then you will not be able to recover your Wattpad Account.
But if you get fortunate and your username remains intact, you will be able to recover your account without an issue.
Just open the app/web version of Wattpad>put your email and password>login to your account
And you will be able to recover your deleted Wattpad Account.
Does Wattpad Delete Inactive Accounts?
The website doesn’t have any such policy to remove or delete inactive accounts. Wattpad is a social platform for readers and writers. You can create an account to quench your thirst for reading or can share your creativity with an audience from all around the world.
The rules and methods are simple and user-friendly; they don’t require regular posts or interactions. You can pick any book of your choice and give it a read when you have some free time, just like reading a paper book in your leisure.
Even though Wattpad doesn’t delete inactive accounts, it does suspend the accounts which violate the community standards. In that case, Wattpad will inform you about the steps through emails.
What Is the Best Alternative to Wattpad?
Since you have an urge for reading/writing, you might need an alternative for Wattpad after closing your account. Here are some top picks that people all around the world are using and loving: Miraquill, Penana, Sweek, Fanfiction.net, Booksie, Movellas, Medium, and Tap by Wattpad.
We hope this article can help you search for how to delete Wattpad account. Now since you’ve successfully closed your account, there is one thing you must keep in mind. Do not try to log in to your account. It will automatically reactivate your account.