After completing my graduation as a computer science engineer, I have also started my professional career in this sector. I have always loved to discover...Read more
While surfing the internet on your Mac, you must have come across pop-ups and know how it works. Some websites’ pop-ups are so irritating that it worsens your web browsing experience.
On the contrary, some pop-ups are helpful and essential to continue to the website. One of the annoying incidents might have led you to block pop-ups. But as mentioned before, pop-ups are necessary, so it is necessary to know how to turn off pop up blocker on Mac. This article will give you all the essential info regarding this.
- Can Macs Get Viruses from Pop-Ups?
- What Is a Popup Blocker and Why Is It Useful?
- How to Turn Off Pop Up Blocker on Mac – Step By Step
- Final Words
Can Macs Get Viruses from Pop-Ups?
Yes, Macs can get viruses from Pop-Ups. For example, you might get an attractive or appealing pop-up and click on it. It can lead to a virus attack. Also, virus alert pop-ups are trendy. You might get a pop-up that your Mac is infected with a virus, but this is fake.
Because no outsider website can know what you have on your Mac and what not, do not get deceived by these pop-ups, or you’ll get viruses on your Mac.
What Is a Popup Blocker and Why Is It Useful?
A pop-up blocker is a system that prevents the pop-up of some specific sites or all sites for some time or permanently. Since most pop-ups are spam, a pop-up blocker is a helpful tool.
It makes your internet browsing experience smooth and hassle-free. In addition, it saves you from the virus attacks that unknown pop-ups can cause. But there are a few useful pop-ups, so if you use a pop-up blocker, you might need to close it when getting in touch with a useful pop-up.
How to Turn Off Pop Up Blocker on Mac – Step By Step
You can turn off your pop-up blocker on Mac by following the methods stated below:
Chrome has an inbuilt system to remind you if a pop-up blocker is turned on and show you how to turn it on.
- Press the Customize and control Google Chrome menu (the 3-specks in the upper right corner).
- Select Settings.
- Press Advanced at the base.
- Under Privacy and security, press the Content Settings button.
- Select Pop-ups and diverts.
- To debilitate the pop-up blocker, uncheck the Blocked (suggested) box.
- To empower pop-ups in specific locales, check Blocked (recommended)
- Press Add close to Allow and enter the URL(s).
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences.
- Press Websites at the very top of the window.
- Select Pop-up Windows.
- To impair the pop-up blocker, choose Allow close when visiting various websites.
- To permit explicit pop-ups, explore the page, follow stages 1-3 and afterward select Allow close to the site’s name.
- This way, you should be able to turn off the pop-up blocker on Mac.
Close Programs on Mac: If you want to close the apps running in the background, you can press the “Option,” “Command,” and “Escape” buttons at a time. Or you can force the app to quit. To do so, you need to go to the Apple menu and select the app in the force quit menu, then press “Force quit”
We tend to avoid pop-ups at our best, but sometimes we must face them. In that case, if you’re using a pop-up blocker on your Mac, you would need to know how to turn off the pop up blocker on Mac. We’ve tried our utmost to help you with all the necessary information and kept it lucid and accessible for your better understanding.