Kathy is an influencer marketer. She’s very popular on social media for sharing different tips and tricks fixing tutorials for social media problems. By profession,...Read more
There is a way people send messages and photos on social media recently that only allows you to view them once. It means they will disappear after a while. It can be frustrating sometimes, especially when you need to view the images again. However, on this page, I will share how to recover disappearing photos on Instagram again.
While the best method to easily access disappearing photos again is by screenshotting the photo in the first place, you can recover using the file manager you have on your mobile device. Also, there are other means, and I have discussed each method on this page below.
- Can You Recover Disappearing Photos On Instagram?
- Where Can I See Disappearing Photos On Instagram?
- Why Have Our Instagram Photos Disappeared?
- How To Recover Disappearing Photos On Instagram Again?
Can You Recover Disappearing Photos On Instagram?
If you ever sent or received a disappearing photo on Instagram, you may have wondered how to recover disappearing photos on Instagram. Fortunately, screenshots are an easy way to save these pics for later.
However, some people have reported that you can recover disappearing photos on Instagram even if you didn’t take a screenshot at the time. These rumors suggest that Instagram saves disappearing photos in a temporary folder, and it’s possible to recover them from there.
Where Can I See Disappearing Photos On Instagram?
You can see disappearing photos on Instagram in the same place you use to send them. If you haven’t used this feature before, here’s how to view your disappearing photos:
- Open up your Instagram app.
- Tap the lines in the top right corner of your home feed
- Go to your account
- Select archive from the drop down to check the deleted photos
Have A Look: Can You Recover Reddit Undelete Posts?
Why Have Our Instagram Photos Disappeared?
One of the most common Instagram problems is the disappearance of photos. It’s frustrating, especially for those who rely on Instagram for work and business.
The good news is that this problem is pretty simple to fix. First, check your account settings: it is possible that someone accidentally disabled your account or changed your privacy settings.
If that is not the problem, and you still can’t see your photos, try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Go to Settings on your phone, tap Instagram, tap Delete App, and then reinstall it through the App Store.
That should do the trick. However, contact customer support if you continue to have issues with missing photos.
How To Recover Disappearing Photos On Instagram Again?
If you ever want to recover your disappearing photo on Instagram, it is easier to do if you can follow the step below. There are different methods you can use, as discussed below.
Recovering Through The Instagram App
- Go to the app and launch it.
- Look out for the three lines at the top right of your app
- Click the three lines
- There you have a drop-down
- Select settings from the list
- Scroll and select an account from the drop-down lists
- You will see original photos and go ahead to toggle it on
- It will save any disappearing message, and you can check it out in the media on your phone
Check Your Album
- Go to the file explorer or folder on your mobile phone
- Locate pictures and click on it
- Check out for Instagram folder
- There you will find deleted photos, and you can restore them.
Check Instagram Archive
- Log in to your Instagram account through the app or web browser
- Tap on the profile photo icon
- Click the lines at the right top of the window
- Select archive from the list, and you will see the deleted photos there
Use Internet Archive
- Go to archive.org
- Type your Instagram account address and press submit button
- Select the date from the calendar
- If you do not know the date the image was deleted, you can click on multiple dates until you find the right one.
- Right-click on the date and open the link on each to view the deleted images
Using A Third-Party App
- Download a third-party app (such as File Manager) onto your phone.
- Open File Manager and navigate to the directory where the files are stored.
- Look for the file type “Instagram Temp Files.”
- Open the file and scroll through it until you find the photo or video you are looking for.
It was strange the first time I got a disappearing message, and there was nothing I could do to view it again as it was set to view once. I had never heard of such before, which prompted me to make my findings on how to recover disappearing photos on Instagram again, and that is what I have shared on this page with you.
If you ever need a solution on how to view your disappearing messages, then you are just in the right place.