Hi, this is your friend Nurul Islam, the founder of the site “Technab.” I am a computer hardware engineer. After graduation, I joined a renowned...Read more
If, unfortunately, you forget your Facebook password or believe your profile has been hacked, there’s no need for panic. This article reveals to you how to recover an old Facebook account through a step-by-step guide.
Facebook provides a number of automated methods for recovering your account. The majority of them are derived from the information you supplied and approved when you first created your user profile.
Even if you’ve never done so, or even if the data/materials you have provided are out of date, your prospects of regaining your FB account are limited to none.
However, this article will also demonstrate one alternative recovery procedure in the event that all other options fail.
- It’s extremely rare for Facebook to deactivate a user’s account for no reason other than impersonation, mayhem, harassment, or a violation of their Terms and Conditions.
- To regain access to an old Facebook account, you’ll need to know the credentials you used to sign up for the service.
- Can I Recover an Old Facebook Account?
- What Happens If You Don’t Log Into Facebook For A Long Time?
- How To Recover an Old Facebook Account?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Recover an Old Facebook Account?
So, you used to have a Fb account and now need to log in after a while. This could work, and you’re most likely to succeed if you had temporarily deactivated the account. Simply login in, and you’ll be able to pick up where you ended off.
However, this procedure assumes you aren’t trying to retrieve a Fb account that has been erased. If you’ve forgotten your old Fb account’s password, follow the sections below.
What Happens If You Don’t Log Into Facebook For A Long Time?
If you haven’t even logged in for an extended period, Facebook may block your FB accounts. So, to log in again, Facebook will request you to verify your identity. You can sign in generally after completing the identity verification process.
If you can’t remember the password, you can recover it via email or the mobile number you used to create the account. Finally, Facebook will ask you to set a new password.
How To Recover an Old Facebook Account?
This approach is only applicable if you have forgotten your Facebook password. In this case, you’ll need a device like- a computer, smartphone, notebook, or tablet.
Also, you need the network you have previously used for logging into the Fb account. Facebook should identify your valid IP address, therefore, in theory, making things easier for you.
This is similar to the process for recovering an old Youtube account[how to recover old youtube account.docx], which makes sense as they both can be connected with Google through gmail.
Recover Old Facebook Account Via Computer or Smartphone
When trying to recover the old FB account, you can choose any search engine as long as you’re using the same computer or smartphone you used to sign in to your Fb account in the past.
Step – 1: In your browser window, navigate to https://facebook.com/recover/initiate. If your FB account remains active and you’re unable to check in because you may have forgotten your password, follow this approach.
Step – 2: Insert your email address, or you can enter the phone number and hit the Search button. Both the email address and the phone number you provide must be associated with the Fb account you can’t access.
Step – 3: Select the method you want to change your password and then press Continue. According to the information previously supplied to Facebook, the alternatives you see will differ.
- After logging into your account, if you’ve linked more than one email address to your account, you’ll be given a choice to get a password reset number or code through email. You’ll be able to restore your account as long as it is connected to the specified email addresses and can log in using them.
- If you have a phone number associated with your account, you’ll be able to choose to get a code via text message. As accessible as possible to that contact information, you should select that choice.
- Some other alternatives, such as the choice to log in using your Google account, may be available to you.
- If none of the suggested options is available to you, select “No longer have access to these?” alternatively.
Step – 4: Check your smartphone texts and email inbox for any new messages. Facebook will send a code to your email address or phone number linked with your FB account.
- If you choose to do so, No longer have access to these resources, you’ll be prompted to retry signing in once more.
- If you can’t do so because you don’t even have access to the supplied account address, select I Cannot Access My Email from the drop-down menu.
- The only way to get access back into your account is to get access back into the email address linked with your profile for you to receive the verification code. In the absence of such action, Fb would be unable to reinstate your FB account.
Step – 5: Click Continue after entering the activation code. Then you’ll be asked to change your password if the code is accurate. You can log back in and out of your Fb account after you’ve reset your old FB password.
- It’s advised that you set a password that contains letters, digits, and unusual characters for security reasons.
Related Reading: How To Recover Old Youtube Account?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to recover a Facebook account that was deleted accidentally?
How long should you wait to get your Facebook account back?
If you no longer remember the password for an old Facebook account you used to run, knowing how to recover an old Facebook account can help you retrieve some old memories.
This article explains how you can do it in case you forgot the password to your FB account. Just follow the procedure and remember to note down the new password so that you don’t forget it again.
We hope now you can return your old account. What say? Smile!