Kathy is an influencer marketer. She’s very popular on social media for sharing different tips and tricks fixing tutorials for social media problems. By profession,...Read more
If you are getting notifications and wondering who is sharing your posts on Instagram, this article will tell you how to see who shared your Instagram post.
If you want to know who has shared your Instagram post, you have to open that specific post on Instagram, click on Share activity, and choose View profile. Then you can see the list of people who have shared your Instagram post.
Nowadays, success and fame depend a lot on one’s social media presence. Therefore, you should keep track of the social media activities to grow more followers.
Sharing posts on social media is the most certain way to know that your content has appealed to the audience. We’ll tell you how to see who shared your Instagram post to help you keep track of your followers.
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post?
- How Can You See Who Shared Your Instagram Feed Post?
- How to See Who Shared Your Post on Instagram Story?
- Do You Get Notified When Someone Shares Your Post on Instagram?
- Why Can’t You See Who Shared Your Post?
- 9 Ways to Increase Instagram Followers
- Bottom Line
Instagram is the most influential social media out there, with its millions of users in today’s digital world.
It has become a platform where you can promote business, build up a brand, boost products, make money and friends online. People like, comment, save, or share posts on this platform.
Sharing someone’s content on Instagram ensures more user engagements and post reaches. If you want an organic Instagram growth of your account, the more people share your Instagram feed posts, the better the growth will be.
As each share will open up your content to newer people, you will gain new followers. If many users share your post, then it will be shown to many Instagram users on their explore page, depending on their interests. This free boost is an automated function of Instagram.
Your followers or general Instagram users can share your posts in two ways.
- Share via stories
- Share into DMs
They can repost the post in their stories, where it will stay up for 24 hours, and their followers can see it. Sharing content this way brings about many exposures to your post.
On the other hand, one of your followers can also privately send your post to a specific follower of themselves via DMs.
However, in recent updates, you can open the post first. Then click on Share activities. A list of people who have shared your post in the past will appear here. You can click on the View profile to see their accounts.
Another way to see the engagement on your post is, firstly, you have to make your account into a business or a creator account. If you don’t know how to switch your account into a business account, here’s how you can do it:
- Go to your Instagram profile settings.
- Select Account and scroll down the page.
- Click the option “Switch to a Professional Account.”
Now your account is a business or creator account. However, according to Instagram’s policy, you can’t see exactly who or whose account shared your post due to users’ privacy.
You can only see the total number of saves and shares of your post.
To see the number of shares on your post, you should follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile section.
- Select the specific post you want to see the shares of.
- Click on View Insights.
- At the bottom left of the screen, a new interface will show you the number of users who saved, shared, and viewed your profile because of that particular post.
- Besides the airplane icon, you can see the number of people who shared any of your post.
Checking who has shared your post via DMs might be troublesome, but seeing who shared it on their Instagram story is trackable.
You can view who shared your post to their own story by following these simple steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Open the post you want to see shares of.
- Click on the three dots at the right corner of the post.
- If at least one person has shared your post in the last 24 hours, you will see an option named “View Story Reshares.” Select this option.
- If nobody has shared your post in their story in the last 24 hours from that moment, then this option will be absent from your settings.
- After clicking the option, you will see an interface of the shared post in all the stories in a grid view.
- You can open any story from there and even visit the profiles of the users who shared it by clicking on their username.
This method works pretty well unless a private account that doesn’t follow you, shares your post in their story.
Yes, you get notified when someone shares your post on Instagram.
If you have posted something recently and are wondering if anybody has shared it yet, the simplest way to check would be to check your notifications.
You can see the notification if someone has shared your post in their story. But in case the post was shared through someone’s DMs, Instagram will not send you any notifications.
There could be a few reasons you can’t see who shared your post on Instagram.
- The user could have a private account that you don’t follow. Therefore, only people they have approved can see their shared content.
- If the person who shared your post is not following you, their name also won’t appear in the list of people who shared your post.
- If someone has reposted your post on Instagram without tagging you, you’d have no way of knowing it unless you accidentally come across the post. It is always necessary to share someone’s post directly.
Instagram disappearing photo recovery is a much-needed action for avid Instagram users.
Disappearing photos on Instagram are photos that are sent through DMs who can only view them once before it disappears permanently.
There is no way to make Instagram disappearing photo recovery happen. If someone shares your post like this via DMs, you can’t know who any of the sender or the receiver was.
9 Ways to Increase Instagram Followers
If your Instagram presence and the following aren’t as big as you wanted them to be, you have to start right now to build up your Instagram account.
Here are 9 ways to increase your Instagram followers:
- Optimize your account. Make your Instagram username something search-friendly. Brainstorm and figure out names that are available close to your actual intent. Put a simple but on-point bio at the start of your profile. Add a direct link to your website or business page on other social media.
- Maintain a consistent aesthetic. Plan your feed as aesthetically as possible. Since Instagram is a photo-sharing platform, your feed should look unique and aesthetic at all times.
- Make use of all the available formats on Instagram. Post feed posts, stories, and reels are filled with relatable content. The followers should receive the kind of content they followed you for in all the ways. Do Instagram lives as well at scheduled times.
- Use relevant hashtags on your posts. Your posts will show up under the hashtag once anyone clicks on them. If users follow the specific hashtag, your post will pop up in their feed even if they don’t follow your account.
- Write compelling, exciting captions. Switch up and try different new kinds of captions under your posts to not bore your followers.
- Promote your Instagram account on other social media. Share the link to your Instagram account on your Facebook, Twitter, or website.
- Post relatable content so that people reshare it. Create more helpful and pleasing posts by analyzing your engagements for more users who want to reshare them in their stories. As it creates direct access to your post, you will gain a whole new list of followers every time someone reshares your post.
- Aim to show up on the Explore page. This is the best way to get new followers. Your post will follow the Instagram algorithm and show up on the Explore page of users with similar interests using the right keywords and hashtags.
- Get featured on various pages. Many feature pages on Instagram repost your posts and tag you in them. It can be a great way of exposure.
Building up your following list on Instagram will take time. But as long as you dedicate your effort to it and follow the proper ways, your account will eventually gain a large following.
So, this is how to see who shared your Instagram post and note the patterns. You can pinpoint which kind of content or posts are popular amongst audiences or followers on Instagram by gaining this information.
This will further assist you in creating specific content and boosting your profile up a lot more. If you are looking to promote your business or gain more followers, you can easily focus on creating the type of posts that reach your target followers.